http://core.tcl.tk/tk/info/f38091d0fde7807f wrong

Christian Gollwitzer
Hi,

this change http://core.tcl.tk/tk/info/f38091d0fde7807f
was supposed to prevent memory errors, but it actually introduced one.
The text widget crashes with this commit on OSX, just before it works.
Obviously the computation in tkTextDisp is wrong. I haven't checked, if
the computation in tkSelect is correct.

        Christian

Re: http://core.tcl.tk/tk/info/f38091d0fde7807f wrong

Christian Gollwitzer
Am 11.05.17 um 22:37 schrieb Christian Gollwitzer:
> Hi,
>
> this change http://core.tcl.tk/tk/info/f38091d0fde7807f
> was supposed to prevent memory errors, but it actually introduced one.
> The text widget crashes with this commit on OSX, just before it works.
> Obviously the computation in tkTextDisp is wrong. I haven't checked, if
> the computation in tkSelect is correct.

It turns out that there are two #ifdef'ed paths in tkTextDisp.c The
patch did change the wrong path, i.e. it was correct before.

        Christian

Re: http://core.tcl.tk/tk/info/f38091d0fde7807f wrong

Jan Nijtmans-2
> It turns out that there are two #ifdef'ed paths in tkTextDisp.c The
> patch did change the wrong path, i.e. it was correct before.
>
>         Christian

That's indeed what I missed!   Thanks for your report. It should be fixed now.

Regards,
       Jan Nijtmans