Tcl / Tk 8.6.7 Release Candidates

Donald G Porter-2

Now available at

     https://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl/files/Tcl/8.6.7/

are the candidate files making up a release of Tcl/Tk 8.6.7.
You can also find those files mixed into the pile at

    ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_6/​

These files will not be the actual releases. At a minimum, the Tcl
and Tk changes files are not yet up to date and release notes need
to be completed.  Also, this collection bundles sqlite 3.19.3
which is obsolete as of today.  We will include 3.20.0 in the
final product.

It has been more than a year since the latest release.  The delta
of changes is quite sizable, so testing will be very helpful.  Please
report any new troubles you encounter, particularly any that seem
severe enough they should prevent release.

--
| Don Porter            Applied and Computational Mathematics Division |
| [hidden email]             Information Technology Laboratory |

Re: Tcl / Tk 8.6.7 Release Candidates

Christian Gollwitzer
Am 01.08.17 um 17:48 schrieb Donald G Porter:

> Now available at
>
>      https://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl/files/Tcl/8.6.7/
 >
> It has been more than a year since the latest release.  The delta
> of changes is quite sizable, so testing will be very helpful.  Please
> report any new troubles you encounter, particularly any that seem
> severe enough they should prevent release.

In the Tk file dialogs on OSX, there is still a problem with
-initialfile and -initialdir. It broke because of an API change in
recent OSX, and was patched by me partly incorrectly.

For background see:

https://core.tcl.tk/tk/tktview/8afc6c9ebef67ea6487634a4f9841c053ac33dbd
https://core.tcl.tk/tk/info/a1d1fbc386e4f253

I will try to fix it, but unfortunately can't work on it until tomorrow.
Is there a deadline already for the release?

        Christian

Re: Tcl / Tk 8.6.7 Release Candidates

Donald Porter

> On Aug 2, 2017, at 3:30 AM, Christian Gollwitzer <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I will try to fix it, but unfortunately can't work on it until tomorrow. Is there a deadline already for the release?

I was aiming for a Friday release but I will wait for that fix so long
as it’s on the way.

Thanks for the testing, and knowing how to detect and work on
the issue you found.

DGP