Quantcast

Eagle 1.0 Beta 38 released

Joe Mistachkin-2

Eagle version 1.0 Beta 38 is now available on the Eagle website:

        https://eagle.to/

The "Live Language Demonstration" website is here:

        https://www.eagle-lang.org/

Please update your applications and packages accordingly (if applicable).

Also, as usual, please let me personally know if you encounter any problems
with this release.

--
Joe Mistachkin

Re: Eagle 1.0 Beta 38 released

Yusuke Yamasaki
Hello Joe Mistachkin,

Can Garuda load any class library and create an object of a class and enums inside?
I am trying to translate the following PowerShell script into Tcl Garuda.

But I couldn't find a way to use enums as a method argument.

I've been interested in Garuda package for a long time but I still not make examples more than "Hello World" dialog. Is there any document of Garuda?

It will be very helpful if I could load any assembly including self-create class libraries.
Currently, I can't do the following things with a pure Tcl script.

- Access Microsoft UIAutomation API
- Decrypt SQLite3 database encrypted by System.Data.SQLite.dll (RSA-MS Crypt).
- Using SDK provided by a hardware maker which is implemented as a managed assembly.

I usually make a bridge application in C# and Tcl communicates with it over TCP or standard I/O. But it will be more easy to deploy if I can integrate everything into a single binary.

Regards,
Yusuke Yamasaki

---
Yusuke Yamasaki <[hidden email]>

Eagle version 1.0 Beta 38 is now available on the Eagle website:

        https://eagle.to/

The "Live Language Demonstration" website is here:

        https://www.eagle-lang.org/

Please update your applications and packages accordingly (if applicable).

Also, as usual, please let me personally know if you encounter any problems
with this release.

--
Joe Mistachkin

Re: Eagle 1.0 Beta 38 released

Joe Mistachkin-3

Yusuke Yamasaki wrote:

> Can Garuda load any class library and create an object of a class
> and enums inside?

Yes, using Garuda (and Eagle), you can create and use any type of
.NET object.

> I am trying to translate the following PowerShell script into Tcl
> Garuda.

I think you'll want something like this:

        https://eyrie.solutions/cgi-bin/pad/info/fc79dafc50fabaea

> But I couldn't find a way to use enums as a method argument.

You simply pass the name of the value(s) you want to use.  For
example, to set the console foreground color to "Red" (an
enumerated value), you would use:

        object invoke Console ForegroundColor Red

The syntax is the same for methods and properties.  There is no need
to ever refer to the ConsoleColor type name directly, because the
.NET Framework (and Eagle) already know what the type is.

> I've been interested in Garuda package for a long time but I still
> not make examples more than "Hello World" dialog. Is there any
> document of Garuda?

There will be examples presented at my Tcl'2016 tutorial:

        https://urn.to/r/tutorial

> It will be very helpful if I could load any assembly including
> self-create class libraries.

Yes, with Garuda (and Eagle), you can load any managed assembly and
make full use of it.

--
Joe Mistachkin @ https://urn.to/r/mistachkin

Re: Eagle 1.0 Beta 38 released

Yusuke Yamasaki
Hello Joe,

Thank you very much for the complete example.
It worked and told me a lot about how to load and import assemblies, passing enum as an argument, convert numerical string into Int32, etc...
I'm also looking forward to reading your new tutorial in Tcl'2016.

Regards,
Yusuke

---

Yusuke Yamasaki wrote:

> Can Garuda load any class library and create an object of a class
> and enums inside?

Yes, using Garuda (and Eagle), you can create and use any type of
.NET object.

> I am trying to translate the following PowerShell script into Tcl
> Garuda.

I think you'll want something like this:

        https://eyrie.solutions/cgi-bin/pad/info/fc79dafc50fabaea

> But I couldn't find a way to use enums as a method argument.

You simply pass the name of the value(s) you want to use.  For
example, to set the console foreground color to "Red" (an
enumerated value), you would use:

        object invoke Console ForegroundColor Red

The syntax is the same for methods and properties.  There is no need
to ever refer to the ConsoleColor type name directly, because the
.NET Framework (and Eagle) already know what the type is.

> I've been interested in Garuda package for a long time but I still
> not make examples more than "Hello World" dialog. Is there any
> document of Garuda?

There will be examples presented at my Tcl'2016 tutorial:

        https://urn.to/r/tutorial

> It will be very helpful if I could load any assembly including
> self-create class libraries.

Yes, with Garuda (and Eagle), you can load any managed assembly and
make full use of it.

--
Joe Mistachkin @ https://urn.to/r/mistachkin

Re: Eagle 1.0 Beta 38 released

Yusuke Yamasaki
Hello Joe Mistachkin,

I wanted to refer to the example script that you showed me before.

But it was no longer accessible.

Is it possible that you show me again?

Or, ... I checked your slide from the site of Tcl'2016.
Could I get example scripts?
Or are those for Tcl conference participants only?

Regards,
Yusuke

---